Every day I grow stronger...like some cosmic superhero...and people are both my source of strength and my kryptonite. If I had a super power it would be telepathy...however, I'm not certain that ability is beneficial for anyone but God. At least God has the power to tolerate unspoken rejection. There's not a lacking self-confidence in God's domain.
This week I am in Corpus Christi, awaiting the union of two friends in holy matrimony. I'm likely the most bitter member of the bridal party. Sometimes I think I've been purposely excluded in the festivities, other times, just simply forgotten. I am unsure which is worse. I shall survive...I shall be the only punk-worthy bridesmaid...piercing included. I suppose the best parts of this entire mini-vacation, are the smiling faces I see apart from the impending wedded bliss. My sweet Harley, Amanda, Mikey, and Zander...when their forces combine...My pure, loving Corpus Christi family. The ones who have not forsaken, nor abandoned me in the ebb and flow of my journey to better days...
I fervently believe that when Jesus instructed us to love others...he meant for it to look exactly like the outpouring of affection I receive from Harley, Amanda, and Mikey. They crawl through the sadness, absorb the joy, and stroll along in the in-between.
I have no fathomable idea where God is going to take me...whether I will remain in Texas, in Fort Worth, what permanent or temporary occupation I will hold...and I'm learning to care less about the uncertainty...and simply enjoy the array of possibilities before me.
So this, dear ones, is love...
No comments:
Post a Comment