I am a music fiend. As much as I love the swift movement of my paintbrush and the rays of hue it leaves behind, I am fascinated by the auditory reverberations of music. I listen to various tunes when I read, when I sleep, and even when I paint. It is cathartic and inspiring. I love having a particular song replaying in my head all day...until I hit the embarrassing wall of dancing out of context in public. If only the bystanders heard the beat in my brain... they'd probably still stop and stare.
I LOVE to dance. Ever since I was a little girl I have be enraptured by dancers, their fluidity of movement and their grace. My favorite impressionist painter, Edgar Degas, painted ballerinas. I loved how he captured the emotion and light upon their faces. Simple elegance. My grandmother assumed I would become a dancer...but I'm not terribly comfortable with movement beyond the safe corners of my home....unless of course I'm driving and an exquisite harmony happens to cross the radio frequency. At which point, be warned...the sight can be considerably amusing.
I sing all the time...in the car, in the shower, when I'm making dinner. Favorite songs, soundtrack scores...whatever happens to be motivating me at the present moment.
There is wonder and delight in music. I'm presently going through a Temper Trap phase.
And cue the dancing queen....
I constantly wish that I had had the opportunity to be in dance or singing lessons. I tell Le that I was meant to be a dancer, I can just feel it. But I guess our time will be in Heaven where we can dance and sing to our heart's content =)
ReplyDelete