Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Simple Pleasures

There is a song by the band Nashville Skyline called "Carry You Home"...exquisite.  I don't know why it fascinates me so, but it carries me away...to places more lovely.  

I love the sound of my mom's windchime on the back porch.  It is made of large steel pipes and the sound is deep and relaxing.  It resonates peace and tranquility.  I could curl up on the swing and listen to the lullaby for hours while the orange leaves dance in the breeze overhead.

Fall is my favorite season and I am determined to soak up the purity in it.  Every year God strips the earth bare and allows it time to restore itself.  People are not that different.  We endure seasons of destruction and refining.

I dearly love to laugh and I haven't done quite enough of it in awhile.  Today I laughed until I nearly cried.

Simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment